After taking many tests, it turned out that security patch Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in KB2501584 is quite exhausting because:
- Files, that were created in Microsoft Excel 2.0, Microsoft Excel 3.0 lub Microsoft Excel 4.0 don’t pass validation while opening in Office 2003.
- Solver.xla do not pass validation in Office 2003 package.
- After pasting many charts in document Office 2003 package, paste function may take a lot of time.
- Opening Office 2003 files from network share takes a long time.
But the worst of all is XLS files support, which are opening terribly slow… That’s why I have solution for this problem. The easiest way to fix this problem is switching off validation of Excel files by adding proper entry in the registry. Step by step:
- Close Excel
- Open registry editor.
add new value DWORD named EnableOnLoad and value 0.
- And now your Excel files from network drive are opening exactly the same like before patch.